Distributed simulation requires a core framework that supervises all simulators and trainees in a training, and that can control the entire virtual world from one single process. The D-SIM framework enables collaborative training in highly immersive virtual missions that can be controlled by one instructor, from a single computer. In the picture above, one airforce instructor supervises a complex AH-64 mission with numerous dynamic entities on the ground, using the D-SIM interface.
The main features of D-SIM are:
- user-friendly interface to all simulations in the training scenario
- synchronization of all simulations within the virtual world (D-WORLD)
- map-based, run-time creation and modification of missions
- distribution of, and controlled access to, all variables in simulators and D-WORLD
- browser-based user interface for easy control from any and multiple locations
Some technical properties:
- 32/64-bit, Linux and Windows support
- multicast/peer-to-peer based data exchange for high performance and low latency
- dynamic library for easy integration with custom applications including: C++/C#/MATLAB Simulink
- REST interface for integration with web applications
- template based web interface
- open interface for integration with HLA or DIS based simulations
Contact us for more information on the application of D-SIM and our other solutions in your simulator training.